Reference Number: Ricoh0002
Position: Service Technician
Location: Nelspruit, South-Africa
Location, Type, Remuneration:
Locations: Mpumalanga Province
Remuneration: A competitive package that includes good working conditions, a company vehicle, Medical Aid and Provident Fund.
The Service Technician is responsible for on-site installation, repair and troubleshooting of Ricoh products. Service Technicians are a vital link to the sales organisation in providing sales lead opportunities and/or feedback based on customer usage, change in business needs and other areas of Technical Services focus. May serve as a team member within own work area or on a cross-functional team. May have service responsibility based on assigned geographic territory and/or individual customer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of Ricoh products, solutions and services.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction and responsiveness to all business needs.
- Ability to work well with little supervision
- Responsible for responding to service calls generated by the Service
- Controller which carry the highest priority.
- Ensures high-level customer satisfaction by providing end-user training on implemented solutions and advising customers on preventative maintenance procedures and configurations that may impact product performance.
- Provide consultative assistance for complex MFP / network issues.
- Utilise sophisticated diagnostic tools, service aids, product schematics, and any other available product information in the assessment and resolution of network equipment failures.
- Interface with customer information technology organisations to resolve network problems.
- Maintain their technical certifications, as well as obtain the expertise and knowledge on product and solution training specific to the needs of their function.
- Interface and train with less experienced service technicians, and assist in completion of certifications in line with their career path.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience on the Ricoh product essential (Please submit proof of training attended)
- A+ and N+ Qualifications will be advantageous
- My Ricoh Training program certified
- Good communication and people skills
- Must work well under pressure
- Should be very strict regarding procedures
- Be trustworthy and honest
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
Back to career page >